Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Denver's "Main Street"

There is a suggestion for Wellington to close off Lambton Quay, Manners Street through Counrtney Place to traffic. I guess likely traffic would cross it at various places. I think it is a great idea and is what I found in Denver Colorado where I was able to travel into the city centre using light rail, parking my car next to a railway station in the suburbs and then found buses running up and down the "Main Street" which were free.
The first two at nearby Boulder.





1 comment:

BLiP said...

I can't really understand what the objections are for the plans to stop traffic along the Golden Mile. Do they see it as the thin end of the wedge to the people finally waking up to the pleasure and benefits of having wide open, safe, clean and unpolluted spaces smack in the heart of the city or something. Its all very odd.