Saturday, July 14, 2007

Who is JCUKNZ

The first two letters are some of my given names and it doesn't take much detective work to find out who I am ... would spoil the show if I told you how.
Middle two letters indicate where I was born and spent my early days ending up spending two years defending my Country at the time of the Korean War, but fortuneately I served at the base camp of Barton Stacey sending poor mugs out to defend Britains interests around the world. Libya, Egypt,Malaysia, Hong Kong, and of course Korea. Plus a few other places which I forget.

Surviving two years as a army clerk but luxuriating in the rank of Sapper, slightly superior to just a private, I went to Photographic School for fifteen months before boarding the SS Captain Cook as an assisted immigrant. Officially my job was to be a postie for two years in return for my passage.

So it is obvious that the last two letters refer to my country of residence the past fifty-four years.

JCUKNZ is well known on certain photographic e-groups as a gentle stirrer with unconventional views with regard to cameras. He doesn't bow down and worship the DSLR which is really just a make-over of the brilliant Pentax design of ... was it the sixties? Rather he is an enthusiastic user of top line pro-sumers which are the fixed lens cameras of the digital age. But he doesn't catch many fish/whales with that comment any more. Pity really, he likes a discussion.

Politically he is a not a member of any party though did belong to ACT when it was formed and earlier served as union delegate and acting Chairman of his branch. He once read "The Responsible Society" by that alleged commie whose name slips my mind at the moment.

Today he believes that the responsible society hasn't a snowballs chance in hell of working unless the populace are in turn responsible to their society. With individual greed this is a hard ask.

He was a contributor to Sir Humpreys until it changed its location and he cannot get back there ... no great loss because much was above his head and the crudity didn't appeal .... so if anybody by chance picks up on this blog and contributes please try to use reasonable language ... creative but not crude please :-)

Finally a link to a fun article in the New York Times of today.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/13/opinion/13feldman.html?th&emc=th

No comments: